These rules, expectations, and agreements of Camp RYLA have been implemented to foster community, and a collaborative and fun experience for all campers and staff.
What is camp:
- Scheduled programing
- Asynchronous learning
- After part
- All campers are expected to arrive at virtual sessions on time and be present during the entire session.
- RYLA shirt must be worn as a top layer at all times and cannot be altered in any way. Dress for SPARC while attending camp.
Safety- Dress for Safety.
Part- Dress the Part.
Appropriately- Dress Appropriately.
Respect- Dress Respectfully.
Comfort- Dress for Comfort.
- While cell phone and electronics (airpods, headphones, and other related accessories) use is encouraged for engaging with RYLA social media platforms and learning, please be considerate of presenters and fellow campers when using your cell phone and electronics.
- Be respectful of other individuals.
- Ensure that behavior, ideas, and materials shared during camp are kept RYLA-rated, as we seek to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. Behavior, ideas, and materials which may be offensive to others should not be present or accessed at camp.
- This includes anything shared publicly with all of camp, or privately within groups, or between people. Nothing is truly private online.
- While engaging in camp activities, you are a representative of Camp RYLA and should behave accordingly.
- Do not share login credentials.
- Bullying, harassing, and/or intimidating other campers or staff is prohibited.
- Examples of cyberbullying include but are not limited to: sending or using derogatory or inappropriate language online to another camper or staff member, sending inappropriate or altered images, spreading rumors online, taking screenshots of other campers and/or their homes, etc.
- All Camp RYLA Staff are state mandated reporters. By law, they must report any suspicion of minors being harmed, at risk of harm, causing harm to oneself or others.
- During camp activities, take proper precautions to maintain health and safety.
Immediate Expulsion from Camp
- Absolutely no drugs, smoking/vaping, or alcohol. Possession of any contraband, related paraphernalia, or being under the influence during camp will also result in being dismissed from camp.
- Absolutely no weapons (guns, knives, pocket knives, etc) will be permitted at Camp RYLA. If you are found in possession of a weapon, you will be dismissed from Camp IMMEDIATELY.
- RYLA Staff reserves the right to exercise their judgment to maintain the integrity of camp. RYLA Staff may dismiss a camper if deemed necessary.
At all times, keep the Rotary 4 Way Test in mind:
- Is it true?
- Is it fair?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?